Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Beginning of Wisdom


Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010

"The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy [is] understanding". Proverbs 9:10 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him". James 1:5

Today is my 42nd birthday. Since sometime before my 40th birthday, I have been determined to look at each birthday with greatfullness for all God has blessed me with and with anticipation of what He has in store for the next year. This year is no exception.
The Proverbs verse I have listed here is the beginning of my reason for happily celebrating each birthday. I lovingly and respectfully fear the Lord and I know to do so "IS" the beginning of wisdom. And for the second verse, James 1:5, I know we can take this verse for what it says. If any of us lack wisdom, we can ask God for it, and He will give it to us in abundance, with out chastening us for daring to ask. He loves us and wants to bless us with all the knowledge we will allow Him to give. It is our for the taking.
In my now 42 years of life, He has blessed me with so much, I can't help but look forward to another year of His blessings.
In Christ, Stephanie

Celebrate life and all of Gods blessings!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment