Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Country Kids and a Little Country Livin





Wednesday, May 26th, 2010

1-Here's a few pic to show you how our farming/country living is coming along. About a week ago,while cutting some hedges, I discovered a nest of eggs(at the bottom of a tree) belonging to one of our hens who happens to be roaming free. It was just Tuesday I walked out to check on this nest and discovered a chicken snake in the process of trying to eat one. I should have taken action against this snake(we wouldn't mind if we have some baby chicks) by myself, after all it was just one 4ft chicken snake, but being the country chicken I am who has no practice with killing snakes, I recruited help and let someone help me take him down. Sorry I didn't get any pictures. 2-John Paul wanted me to take his picture by the nest of eggs. You can barely see them on our right behind him. 3-Out of the five roosters we had, these are the two we now have. If you can find beauty in a rooster, I think these are some pretty healthy ones. 4-In the process of cutting hedges, I have also come across some bird next. Some old some new. This one had two babies in it. Just like all youngins do, they will be leaving the next soon.
5- I decided to get a video with John Paul giving our visitors a tour of our gardens. I tried to do it and it didn't do well. So I got my oldest to help me. Considering he has more experience with this kind of stuff and John Paul tends to be somewhat of a natural born star, I thought the two could probably work well together. I thought this, 'first for our blog' 3 min. video turned out well.
In case you cannot hear him well enough, he is showing you our tomatoes, okra, Crookneck squash, beets, and Zucchini squash. Then he shows you our corn. Now if all goes as planned, we are about to plant some some potatoes and more tomatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment