Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Proverbs Lady, Day 13


Wednesday, May 12th, 2010

"Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land".
Proverbs 31:23

Supporting her husbands vocation, she makes him look good as he "sitteth among the elders of the land." His tailored suit is a product of her labor. Her hands hold the spindle, and she designs clothing that makes him feel comfortable among his peers. The law of love in her heart is expressed in the labor of her hands. "Walking in Wisdom" Dr. Raymond Barber

My Own Words
Here we are again with our sewing skills. Except now, we are considering how good we make our husbands look when he's sitting among his coworkers. With my husbands occupation, he is a produce manager. He works hands on with all kind of produce six day a week. He expects to get dirty and he often wears an apron for what protection it offers. His "dress code" is usually blue jeans and a type of polo. All I do for his clothes is make sure they are washed, dried, and then replace in his closet. I do have the occasional hole here and there that must be repaired. His wardrobe never requires much ironing, but if it did, I would.
However this verse would bring our attention to how our children are dressed, as well as how our husbands are dressed, reflect on how well we do in taking care of our family.
It is harder for some than others. I will admit my husband is a low maintenance man and he pretty much does his self maintenance himself. He was this independent when I married him and he has preferred to stay this way for our almost 22 yrs of marriage. The most I usually do
besides ironing his clothes for church, is give him his monthly haircut and I do my best with this.
Although is job duties can somewhat be dirty, he is still dealing face to face, one on one with the public daily so he must take care to be groomed as nice as possible.
Do you take pride in how your man looks?

No comments:

Post a Comment