Friday, February 12, 2010

A ware snow day, in Dixieland, on Kings Mill rd.

This is a road behind our house (below). It looked like the front of a Christmas card with all the snow. As you can see, Benjamin managed to step into the picture.

Second below, John Paul thought this looked like a beautiful Christmas tree and wanted me to get a picture of it.











Friday, February 12, 2010
With one of the first few blogs, I posted some wintery pictures of snow from other states.
Little did I know, God was going to bring a "Winter Wonderland" to our own back yard(and front yard, and neighborhood) here in Dixie Land.
I got out and took some pictures. This is one of the prettiest snows I believe I have seen in the 21 years I have lived in the Kings Mill area. I think
we got about three inches. I had trouble downloading these earlier today, so I am finally able to do it now, at about 9:45 pm.
You may notice in some of these pictures, you can see Benjamin our youngest. The two oldest were gone, and Sara was happy inside. So, I got out on my own with my first
trip and made some pictures. Then I got out with the boys and played and made more. I tried to make one of John Paul making a snow angel but it didn't work out.
Don't forget your comments are welcomed with any and all post.
In my second row(I hope these picture stay in the same order once they hit the blog, so my description makes sense) is Benjamin and some Daffodils coming up. . Next you should see John Paul's attempt at a snowman. We don't do snowmen very well. Kudos to those who do them and do them well. Next is a shot of some our wooded area and the country road(it's the one you can see Benjamin walking on at the top. This is the same view where we are able to get good shots of some lovely sunrises. Next, this is the entrance to where a very old house once stood. Once again, John Paul thought it was beautiful and begged me to take a picture. Next, our neighbor yard direct opposite across from our yard and home. This is some of the pretty wooded area, besides our own, where we see beautiful fall foliage and wildlife. Next, our mailbox and 'Ten Commandments'
sign in front of our house. You can see a tire swing and park bench in the background. Next,
a shot of some our snowy wooded area. Next, this is some of the scenery we came to after beginning our walk (Benjamin was in front) down the country road behind our house. As you continue to the right, you will cross where the branch(the one that crosses our property)goes under the road, then you see where the road starts to curve back around and starts to go up the hill you see in the background in a picture above(it's the one famous for our sunrise shots). Last, there is
a picture of our Massey Ferguson Tractor sitting in front of our wooded area. That's it folks.
It's past my bedtime and I'm off to bed. If you wanted it, hope you got an enjoyable amount of snow yourselves.
Don't forget your comments are welcomed with any and all post.
In Christ,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment