Friday, February 5, 2010

How Faithful Is Our Prayer Life?


Friday February 5th, 2010
"Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto me. And ye shall seek me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart". Jeremiah 29:12,13
"I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thin ear unto me, and hear my
speech"
. Psalm 17:6


I found these pictures of bronze statues, in a catalog that sells Christian products. One is a statue of a man knelled by a chair, in fervent prayer. In his description it said, "Cast you care on Him". It had the above verse, Jeremiah 29:13, inscribed on it. The other, is a woman sitting, and with a bible open and resting on her legs, and she is praying. In the description, it suggested this would be a gift for a prayer warrior and on it is inscribed the above verse,"Psalms 17:6".
Are we prayer warriors? Let's look at the meaning of "warrior".
"warrior" - fighter: somebody who fights or is experienced in warfare(the act or engaging into war, conflict).
Now how can we relate this meaning to the label "prayer warrior"?
When someone goes to battle, I believe they give everything they've got. they give it their all.
To be a "prayer warrior" would mean when we enter into prayer with our Heavenly Father, we are readily prepared to meet Satan head on, with no thoughts of turning back. We have a message for the Lord, and have every intention of getting it delivered, fully expecting a response.
As a prayer warrior, as we begin to utter our first words in prayer, we can believe God has both His ears standing at attention ready to respond. Could you be one? If someone had a desperate need for prayer to come up for someone or something would you be the first they would come to? Or if you were to have a urgent need for prayer who would you run to first? I believe they would be someone you felt could shake Heaven when they pray.
Up until now, I have felt my prayer life was in pretty good shape. After giving this subject more thought, I know I have room for improvement? What about you?
Some may wonder, as long as I pray, why should it matter if I'm considered a "prayer warrior" or not? I believe it matters for at least this one reason. If there can be more prayer warriors, our families, our homes, and our nation, can be moving toward a better spiritual condition, than they are now. Think about it. More to come on a future blog.
In Christ,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment