Monday, February 1, 2010

What are you waiting for?




Feb. 1st, 2010
"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD". Psalm 27:14

If your like me, your waiting for the Lord to take action somewhere, somehow in your life.
At this moment, I can think of at least three situations I am waiting to see the Lord change in my life. You can ask my husband. I too often, am not good at being patient. "This" needs done to our house or "that" needs done to our yard. We could be waiting for someone who claims to know the Lord, to start living a more Christlike life. We could be waiting for someone to receive Salvation from the Lord. It of course is different things for different people.
For as long as I have been a Christian(it was 30 yrs. in Dec)I know, if we get in a hurry and try and get ahead of God, we only mess things up.
I chose to do a devotion on the subject of "waiting of the Lord", because it's what's on my mind to day and I'm sure there are others who are in the same boat. Some of what I'm waiting for has only taken place within the last month. We could see an answer with in the next month. Some, within the last six months. Some, I've been waiting for years for the Lord to take action. The point is the Lord has us waiting for a reason. He knows whats best and we must trust Him. I'm know we are only human and waiting can be hard. I encourage you to take it to the Lord and ask Him for strength and encouragement with waiting. He loves us and only wants what's best for us.
In Christ,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment