Tuesday, March 30, 2010

5 Days Until Easter Sunday! Are We Excited?



Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; Blessed [is] he that cometh in the name of the Lord:
Blessed [be] the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest. " Mark 11:9

I was not able to do a post for Palm Sunday or Monday like I wanted to so here it is today.
Palm Sunday marked the day Jesus made what was His Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem before he was to be crucified the following
Friday, a k a Good Friday. When we read our scripture for this post, we read the word "Hosanna" which is what they were saying as they were laying palm branches down before Him as He entered Jerusalem.
This post may sound familiar to some. I am borrowing a few words from my pastor that appeared in our Sundays bulletin. I don't think He will mind.
"Hosanna" means "save we pray". This was what they were actually saying and of course through His crucifixion and resurrection, this was what He was about to do for those who believe on His name. As we are in this week before Easter, if there are any who read this that do not know the Lord as their Savior, we pray you will speak out ans say, "Hosanna", "Lord save me".

1 comment:

  1. it took so long to get signed in so I could post a comment,that I forgot what I was going to say!

    ReplyDelete