Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hannah Grace Black, March 31- April 3, 2003





Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Considering this is suppose to be a blog to encourage and make people smile, I hope you won't allow these post to dampen your spirits.
These are pictures showing where our daughter,
Hannah Grace Black is buried. It will be 7 years ago April 3rd(Saturday), when she was delivered stillborn. It was 7 years ago today, I was almost
24 weeks pregnant with her and up to that point we had not had any reason to believe anything was wrong. Monday, March 30th, I noticed she was not as active as she had been. I waited until the next day and was still not really feeling any movement. I suspected something was not right
considering she had been kicking and very active just the day before. Tuesday, March 31st, I called my doctor. He had me to come for an ultra sound and it was confirmed. The heart of my baby girl would never beat again and her soul was in Heaven with Jesus(you can see what we had written at the top of her tombstone) She was due in July. To this day we still don't know why she died. All we believe is God had His reasons and He doesn't make mistakes.

One thing I have gained from this: I know for many who think they are not aborting a real live fully formed baby up to the third trimester, "I have news for you". Before a woman goes in for her first check up, usually as early as 6 weeks pregnant, the tiny heart is already beating(it began beating at 21 days from conception). Furthermore, at almost 6 months from conception, she "was" fully formed(they all are). I know because I chose to see her and hold her. She was not just a blob of tissue waiting to form into a baby. She was a perfectly formed tiny human being that I will see again when the Lord calls me home to Heaven.
I am not angry while posting this. I am just stating facts that I observed with the loss of our little one and thought someone might gain from my own personal insight.
Allow me to also add, if it is too late for someone to learn this because of a decision you've made, God does forgive if forgiving is necessary. All you must do is "seek" His forgiveness.
We chose to post these pictures because we are sharing our life through this blog and our daughter, even though she is in Heaven, is still apart of our life. We visit and place new flowers on her grave about twice a year. Today was one of those times. When we are talking with our other children, we will occasionally mention their sister, Hannah at different times for different reasons. She would have been our fifth born. We always speak of her in a light hearted pleasant attitude. We do not regret God allowing me to conceive and carry her only to lose her. God had His reasons and we trust Him.
We know He is the reason we have the peace over her loss. We will always love her and will never forget her.

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment