Wednesday, March 17, 2010


Wednesday, March 17th, 2010

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."



I just recently heard a story of how a pastor had a preaching engagement in a certain city that was several miles from his home. A friend of his who was a pilot and owned his own plane, offered to fly this pastor to and from
this city to make his trip a little shorter. He had never been fond of small planes, but decided to take his friends offer. Once they were in the plan they were soon taking off, in the air, and on their way.
The pastor, not having any, "how to fly a plane knowledge", ask his friend, "how do you know
how to get to our destination from up here in the air"?
His friend responded, "Now, Pastor, these things right here are the vectors. We've got to stay right here. If I line up the lines properly on the instrument panel, that means I'm staying right in this vector. In fact, Pastor, I've got my instrument rating; that means if it was cloudy and foggy and I couldn't see a thing, just from this little instrument right here, I should be able to guide us right in close enough so we can see the blue runway lights and be able to land".
After some time in the air, there they were, blue runway lights, and they arrived at their destination just as planned. They had a successful flight, because his friend kept the plane in the right vectors until the lights could guide them safely to the ground.
In the same way God's Word provides the "vectors," the guidance, that we need in our life.
His Word will light our path in this world "if " we seek Him for His guidance. His word will light the way for us to approach Him and enter into His presence as we enter His presence for intercession with Him.
If we truly desire to approach God and to know more about Him, we must approach His Word.
I have been recently reading and studying some particular scripture relating to the crucifixion and resurrection in getting ready for our April devotion. I have been amazed at how, through His scripture, has confirmed great truth in the fact that faith in His Son Jesus and His shed IS the only way to Heaven. I already had no doubt, but by reading and studying His word for myself, He revealed Himself to me like never before. I would love to share more with you, but, I am choosing to wait until we are closer to Easter.
I encourage you to approach His Word. Enter His presence and Ask God to reveal Him self to you. I assure you He would love nothing better.

In Christ,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment