Tuesday, April 20, 2010

More On This Proverbs 31 Woman


Tuesday, April 20th, 2010

I would like to begin sharing with you today, and will continue to do so for the next several days(good Lord willin), a commentary I have on Proverbs 31:10-31, a.k.a. "The Proverbs 31 Lady"
It is from a book I have mentioned before, 'Walking in Wisdom".

" Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price [is] far above rubies. "
Proverbs 31:10

The virtuous or morally excellent woman, wife and mother is "from the Lord". Described as
"a good thing," she brings good favor to the man who marries her. A "crown" to her husband,
she never brings shame to him.
She is a rare treasure, not easily found; her worth is above that of choice rubies.
She teaches her children to abstain from immorality- to abstain from alcohol: and to support
the poor.

My own comments.
Since getting married almost twenty-two years ago, and now a mother of five, I have been very challenged by this lady. Believe me, there have been a few times I have wanted to give up on
trying to be her. I am not any kind of superwoman and don't see any signs of becoming one anytime soon. "So why should I or any woman even try?" you may ask. I'll say for this one reason at least. In all my attempts to become a Proverbs 31 Lady, God has so blessed me and my life. He doesn't want me to be perfect, He just wants me to try. I can assure you I have many who will laugh at me for this or that, but I know it only matters what God thinks of me, know one else. I can assure you, since this Proverbs Lady was human, she was not perfect. God only had her included in the Bible to give us ladies some guidelines as to what He expects of us. I say if we are even slightly interested in what God wants from us as Christian women, wives, and or mothers, we should at least give this passage of scripture a chance to work in our life.
God knows our hearts and I know if our hearts are in at least our efforts, we cannot fail.

May God Bless,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment