Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Proverbs 31 Lady , Day 5




"She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household,
and a portion to her maidens".
Proverbs 31: 15

She is seen before daylight serving food she has prepared for all her family members as well as her servants. Sensing the needs of her family, she sacrifices sleep to satisfy them. No hour is too late or too early or too late for her to engage in household duties that create a warm and health atmosphere in which to bring up her children. Her example is a source of inspiration for her children to follow. (from the Proverbs commentary, "Walking in Wisdom")

My Own Words
Now I deserve a pat on the back for this one. Most days, I am up around 4:30 or 5:a.m. each morning getting started on my day. Reading my Bible, praying, making my to do list, etc.
About ten years ago was when I began to take notice of the Lady and was informed she was
the example Christian ladies were to follow. For me at the time, I did get up after the sun was up, and then the Lord brought it to my attention how getting up earlier, would help my routine of getting things accomplished as I needed to. In others words, it added "more hours to my day",
for anyone who has ever heard Emily Barnes. Now on the other hand with sacrificing sleep to satisfy my family, I usually don't do well with this. I usually take a nap during the day, and then I go to bed about 9 or 10 p.m. I am not one who normally functions well on little sleep like some
people I know. It's just like that naturally high energy thing. I just really wander how or why it happens for some and not others. Sometimes I could really use knowing their secrets, although
the ones I've asked claim to not know why they are as energetic as they are. Like that really helps me a lot. Once again, all I know to do is give it to the Lord. If He thinks I should be able to do more on less fuel, I pray He will take of that for me. Now I will say, I am usually pretty good when it comes to staying up with a sick child. God does help me in these times. Otherwise, I pray He will give me peace with my self as I am.
If you are doing well in this area, then praise the Lord. If you need help, then take it to the Lord and let Him do the rest.
Have A Blessed Day.
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment