Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Prov. 31 Woman Day 3


Thursday, April 22nd, 2010


"She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands".
Proverbs 31:13

'The virtuous woman is not only morally pure but industrious and hardworking. With her own hands, she provides things necessary for the home and family. Her priority is to fill her domestic responsibilities. With a warm spirit and working hands, she labors productively'. (from "Walking in Wisdom")



I know. For those of you who are keeping up with these Proverb verses you are already feeling overwhelmed with all the lady does. Well, we are going to have to slow down, calm down,
regroup, and make sure we are buckled up, because we are really only just beginning. It is to early to already allow our selves to be defeated. we must pick up our feet, pick up our chin, and look at this verse 13. Let's look at the meaning of our word(from our comments "Walking in Wisdom),
"industrious"-working diligently: hard-working, conscientious, and energetic. I have been working on this Proverbs 31 Lady thing for almost 22 years old, and I still don't have this one down. I am almost 42 years old and there are 80 year old's that can work circles around me. I have never been a high energy person and I have often wondered what makes you one if you are one. I honestly need to know their secrets and what I'm doing wrong.
Now let's look at the words "
worketh willingly with her hands". I agree with commentator on this. She works and does this in her home for and is productive in her work. She does it with a glad and willing heart and does not feel she needs more out side her home to be happy. Her family and her home are her priority.
This I have no problem with. My heart has always been in the home with my family. I have and get total satisfaction with my home and family. I know some women do not get this at all. Some say they must have an out. Much could be said here. I can hear the Women's Lib yelling now.
They will have to yell. I feel completely liberated and at peace with who I am and what I do.
If you are one who feels you have no choice but to work outside the home, I encourage you to seek the Lord on this. He knows your heart, and He has been know to perform miracles if they were necessary for those who have faith and believe.
May God bless those who are at home and enjoy it, those who are not and wish to be, and may God especially bless those who should be, could be, and yet do not want to be.






No comments:

Post a Comment