Friday, April 23, 2010

Proverbs 31 Woman, Day 4

Friday, April 23, 2010

"She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar".
Proverbs 31:14

'Not only does the virtuous woman manage the affairs of her household, she keeps her eyes open for any business deal that will profit her family. As those who deal in merchandise, she like the merchants who travel in ships, brings food from fertile places. She spares neither energy nor money to provide the very best for those who call her wife or mother'. ("Walking in Wisdom")

My Own Comments

Not only does she manage running her home well, but she is also capable of recognizing and taking advantage of a good business deal that will benefit her family. This is one of my weak areas. I know nothing about business deals and for the time being, I have no motivation to learn
about it. My husband has been and does take care of any and all business decisions. I don't even help in this area and so far I believe we are both just fine with this arrangement.
However, if you are one that is capable of properly making such decisions to where your family does profit, that is wonderful. "IF", and this is a big "IF", you are the kind of woman in which verses 11-12 speaks of, the kind that can be trusted in all ways, I'm sure your husband should find you to be a great asset to his life and your family. Now I'm not talking about a domineering wife who pretty much controls all the money, regardless of her husbands thoughts and preferences. I'm not talking about a woman who has no respect for his desires and considers him someone of lower intelligence than herself. That is a whole other thing with what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about those ladies who are in a marriage in which you both have mutual respect for each others wants and desire(which is how it should be). If you are like me and this is a weakness for you, don't be discouraged. This is one of the many character traits we can give to the Lord.
Let's ask Him to please send us encouragement to better our business wise skills if this is something that would make us a better help meet to our husbands. If put in the right situation,
we may handle this better than we think, and we would make our husbands/children right proud of us. If this is the case, let's ask the Lord to give us peace with this issue. Either way, let's take it to the Lord and let Him take it from there.
Have a blessed day,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment