Friday, April 9, 2010

My Grandma....She Was A Woman That Feared The Lord, But Nothing Or Nobody Else


"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Tim.1:7

"Strength and honour [are] her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come".
Proverbs 31:25


Our last post was in memory of my grandma. It was the 7th of April and her birthday.
My grandmother was a woman who greatly feared and respected God and God was all she feared. She only had a fourth grade education. She married when she was almost 17 yrs old and had her 13th and last child at 41. Before my grandpa went to Heaven in April of 1990, she and he were married for 62 years.
In all her years of being a wife and mother, and having very little money, she faced many challenges and uncertainties. She even faced death a few times and faced it all with grace, dignity, and without skipping a beat. Needless to say, she really had no insecurities yet she was humble and she wasn't afraid to let you know her strength came from her Savior, Jesus Christ. She was my mentor. In the next post, I will continue to address this subject of women and insecurities. It is more widespread than I realized and I pray with the Lords help I can encourage someone.

In Christ,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment